Saturday 8 March 2014

A very delayed character post #2

THE HUNGER GAMES SPOILER ALERT (although...there are books you could have read)
"Primrose Everdeen"..."I VOLUNTEER" this was the moment I sold my heart to another book series. The first one was amazing, the second one was the worst and the third was mneh. But the whole way through from the moment Katniss first volunteered as tribute for her little sister I created an unbreakable bond with her character.

Everyone constantly debates the whole Peeta or Gale aspect of the book and who Katniss should have chosen and if she chose the right person. Honestly my view on this neither of them...she settled for the one who would understand what she went through better. Her choice, however was never which boy she should marry but if she could save her sister. Gale knew the moment his idea killed her he had no chance. (I still think he shouldn't have given up that easy but they all went through so much I'm not surprised).

I have a little sister and Katniss' repetitive choices to get home to her sister safe, to keep her sister safe after without hesitating is really really something I relate to. I can say with a broken heart after Katniss lost her father, her sister and was exiled I don't know how she kept living. She is a fighter and a female character who I will always hold in the highest regard. She lost everything and somehow managed to keep going.

I don't think there's much more I can say about her other than even if you don't like the book, even if you hate the films, or the actors in it, whatever. At least take a page out of this book and her character development. If things get tough, if you lose everything, even your reason for living, never give up. Do everyone who you love proud and show anyone who doubted you wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment