Sunday 5 January 2014

Confessions of a Pepsiholic (Strictly Pepsi Max)

Confession time… I don’t drink a single type of hot drink – and yes that does mean no coffee or even hot chocolate. Whenever I say this I’m usually met by a chorus of “you’re missing out”, “where do you get your caffeine from” and many more my favourite being “how the hell do you cope with such little sleep then”.

As the last quote suggests I do not get as much sleep as I should and yes I do know it’s unhealthy but I’m working on it. How many university students really get their full 8 hours every single night? My parents never let me have tea or coffee growing up and as a result I don’t have a taste for either. It’s funny how many people seem disappointed when I visit and say I don’t drink tea or coffee. They resort to asking if I want a ‘cold drink’ instead. As long as that cold drink is carbonated I will say yes quicker than someone who is on their 10th cup of coffee.

Enter my one true love – other than TV shows and chicken – Pepsi Max. Until 2 years ago I was perfectly content with just having normal Pepsi and then I was introduced to Pepsi Max. I now have a bottle per day on average. If I am out at university or shopping or even visiting a friend I will have a bottle of Pepsi Max somewhere in my bag.

Seriously when I have 9am lectures most people are clutching a cup of coffee for warmth and to wake them up. I on the other hand am ready to go Pepsi Max in hand. Honestly the only thing I have to be jealous of coffee drinkers about is that their hands stay warm.

It’s gotten to the point where I visited my best friend for her birthday a week ago and her mom – who has known me since I was little – had already bought Pepsi Max for me even though none of her family really drinks it.

One of my new year’s resolutions this year (and the previous year and the year before that) is to have less Pepsi Max…and by that I mean less than 7 bottles a week. I can’t wait to see how this goes.

(This has totally not been written while I’m drinking a bottle of Pepsi Max not at all).

My name is Dinah and I’m a Pepsiholic x

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha Dinah I love you! I will forever regret telling you that Pepsi Max was better than Pepsi that day in Enrichment!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same but with diet coke (I overlook how bad it inevitably is for me fr the caffeine hit it gives me!) - you know that it's going to be a busy day or I'm over-tired when I have cracked open a can of diet coke with breakfast!

    ReplyDelete