Sunday 26 January 2014

Thirteen Reasons Why

Books are honestly my one true love - along with Pepsi max...and chicken...and harry styles shh. I was recently recommended a book by my best friend 'Thirteen reasons why' By Jay Asher. Now there had been a fair bit of hype about this book in the past and therefore I wasn't sure if I would ever get round to reading it. I tend to procrastinate things which have been over-hyped.



However, when my friend turned up to a lunch date - that included chicken and Pepsi - with her copy of the book in hand for me to read I couldn't exactly refuse. The moment I got home I made myself comfortable and read the 288 page book in less than 4 hours. It would have been quicker but I had to keep pausing to deal with the emotions it was causing.

I would honestly be willing to recommend this book to anyone. It's incredibly sad and everyone should give it a read. It will give you a whole different outlook on your actions. There were many memorable parts of this book, but the strongest message I took from it...you never know when it's the last time you'll see someone.

Dinah xo

1 comment:

  1. I read this book a couple of years ago and it really moved me too - it's one that I've kept on my bookshelves because it affected me that much! It really gave me a lot to think about re. how our actions affect others. I just finished reading Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher and that was another life changing read!

    Belle // thelifeandtimesofbelleh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete