Friday 3 January 2014

My life is full of - very bad - puns

So this is something I’ve been putting off for a very long time and I finally think it’s time to bite the bullet (be warned there are going to be many more such phrases in this post)and go for it. I had no clue how to start this and that’s one of the reasons I procrastinated it. 



I’ve lost count the number of times I’d say to Amy “Hey! I have the perfect first blog post idea” and then forget about it less than 5 minutes later. I finally realized that actually this is something that I want to do and sure it may not be perfect to start with but name one thing that’s worked out perfectly for you when you first tried it.

I’m 17 and a perfectionist, if I think I can’t do something to the best of my ability I put it off as long as possible. It’s a problem but I’m working on it and hopefully I’ll get there soon. This blog was meant to be started on my first day of university...back in September woops! So I told myself its fine I’ll start it on New Year’s Day…but that didn’t happen either.

I still haven’t quite figured out what my ‘blog style’ is going to be yet, I’m an extremely indecisive person and it’s going to take me time to figure out what exactly I want to do with this. But hang on for the ride (I told you there’d be more) and hopefully you’ll enjoy the things I have to say.

The fact I can’t decide how I want my blog to be yet just shows why I can’t decide the future I want for myself. I’m in my first year of university studying a Dual Honours degree; one science subject and one humanities. I chose it because I have absolutely no clue what I want to do in the future.

The future scares me a lot because I don’t know how things will work out. Right now I’m still debating whether I want to do law in the future or go into medicine but I’ve got a while to figure that out thankfully.

I know this post has been a bit of a mess in terms of what I’ve said in it but it gives you a little insight into me the blogger behind the computer screen (I’ll try to stop now I promise). Hopefully I have a few ideas for some posts and I’ll try to keep them more to one topic each post.

LN xo

No comments:

Post a Comment